This homemade 5-ingredient dark chocolate peanut butter goes way beyond being just a healthy energy boost snack. It’s sugar-free, low carb, and high in protein and fat. Scoop up a generous glob with a slice of apple. No guilt!
I don’t think there’s any family that loves peanut butter as much as we do. We only eat the real peanut butter. All-natural and no sugar added. We smear peanut butter on our muffins for breakfast. Our 4-year-old son, Leo, dips his carrots, broccoli and raw zucchini in peanut butter for lunch. I also serve homemade summer-rolls with spicy peanut butter sauce.
So, now you know how crazy my family is about peanut butter. Leo suggested that I make chocolate peanut butter while chewing down a muffin one morning. “Is that a good idea?” he asked. Of course! When peanut butter meets dark chocolate, it’s heaven on earth.
I know you can probably buy a jar of chocolate peanut butter in grocery store. However, this all-natural and no-sugar-added version is not only healthier but it tastes better too.
It’s so simple to make with only 5 ingredients.
Raw peanuts (with red skin on)
Special dark cocoa powder
Pure stevia extract powder
Sidenote: It was fun making this short video, although it did involve a lot of work. Just like my video production teacher said, “pre-production takes much more time than production”. I have to say, each frame and clip led me to learn something new with nothing wasted. With the help of my husband and son, I was able to accomplish this short video. I’m sure it will go smoother and better every time I make another video.
I’d love to hear your comments on the video. Good or bad? It helps me grow.
This homemade dark-chocolate peanut butter is rich and creamy. It is filled with dark chocolate and a roasted peanut aroma. Apples, bananas, or crackers are all fantastic dipping choices to enjoy with this wholesome, clean peanut butter.
- 12 oz raw peanuts with skin (not shell)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 pinch sea salt to taste
- 6 tablespoons special dark cocoa powder (I used Hershey brand)
- ¾ teaspoon pure stevia extract powder
- Preheat oven to 350 ℉.
- In a baking pan, toss the raw peanuts with oil and salt. Spread the peanuts on the baking pan in a single layer. Roast the peanuts on the oven middle rack for 12 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Remove the baking pan from the oven and let the peanuts cool at room temperature for 5 minutes
- Blend the peanuts in a food processor for 1 minute and then add the remaining ingredients to blend until smooth.