I feel relieved now that spring is here, and I’m finally finished with my winter semester video course. Don’t get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed my video production class. However, I do need to take a break before my spring semester begins next week. If you need to take a break from your busy schedule, why not kick back and join me for some toasty, warm, vegan raspberry teff scones and a cup of rose buds tea.
Have you noticed that top-view (or bird’s-eye view) videos are showing up everywhere on social media? Yes, videos. It’s something I wanted to try to do last year but didn’t know where to start. This is why I took the video production class.
As my instructor says, the toughest part of video production is working in a group, I totally agree. Besides that, pre-production is the most time consuming part of a good video production. So, what can you expect to see here in the near future? Videos on LightOrangeBean.com, of course! I guarantee you won’t see top-view videos with fast motion that are typically seen on social media. I love shots with varieties. Stay tuned!
Before and after I start producing any videos that will appear here, I’ll still continue with my traditional style, photos and recipes. If you remember, I recently discovered a new gluten-free flour, the brown teff flour. After making some fabulous gluten-free chocolate teff waffles, I, as well as my family, are totally in love with them. The slightly sticky texture of teff flour works amazingly with the other gluten-free flour mix. If you want a simple, protein packed, and gluten-free scone recipe, these vegan raspberry teff scones are right for you.
Although these teff scones are made from just simple ingredients, you definitely want to load up your plate, especially when they’re toasty warm. They’re soft but not crumbly at all, and absolutely gum free and sugar free. I made two batches in a roll and froze some for later (especially for those occasions when I was too busy to bake).
- ½ cup (90 g) brown teff flour
- 2 cups (300 g) Joyce’s all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 1½ tablespoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon pure stevia extract powder
- 1 scoop (30 grams) vegan protein powder
- 1 cup raspberries, frozen or fresh
- 1⅓ cups unsweetened applesauce
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons erythritol powder or powdered sugar (see note)
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together all dry ingredients except the raspberries.
- Mix together all the wet ingredients in another mixing bowl.
- Preheat oven to 375 ℉.
- Pour the wet ingredients mixture into the dry ingredients. Use a rubber spatula to combine until just combined (no dry ingredients are showing). Gently mix in raspberries.
- Use an ice cream scoop to measure the dough, approximately 68 grams for each scone, and place onto a lined metal baking sheet. Make 15 scones. Bake 20 minutes. Cool slightly, sprinkle with powdered erythritol or sugar before serving.
You can use regular powdered sugar to garnish.
*This page contains affiliate links.