Today’s 4 simple vegan smoothies post is sponsored by Sunwarrior.
Ever since my family and I began following a vegan diet, I’ve been searching for a non-soy plant-based protein powder to add to our diet. The Sunwarrior protein powder mixes turned out to be just what I was looking for. Not only were my husband and I thrilled with how tasty they were, but also with how high they are in protein, and how easily they blend with milk (non-dairy), fruits, or both. We give it a Big thumbs up!
In the package we received from Sunwarrior, there were four packets of protein powder mix: Classic Protein Vanilla, Classic Protein Chocolate, Warrior Blend Vanilla, and Warrior Blend Chocolate. These powder mixes are organic, gluten-free, soy-free, and raw vegan. The classic version contains mainly brown rice protein, while the warrior blend version contains fruit protein, hemp protein, herbal extract, and other natural fruit flavor extracts. I mixed each packet of protein powder with a different variety of fruits and non-dairy milk. The second one, I added some coffee to the non-dairy milk. Each cup I made had a very strong and delicious taste. I just wish I had more packets right now to make more.
We had fun making and trying these four different smoothies. Here they are:
No. 1 Almond Milk Strawberry Vanilla Smoothie
In this recipe, I combine 8 oz of unsweetened almond milk, 4 medium-size fresh strawberries, and 1 package of the Sunwarrior Classic Protein Vanilla in a blender. Briefly blend together all ingredients, and it’s ready to enjoy. Because the protein powder is sweetened by stevia, I didn’t add anymore sweetener to it, and the strawberry smoothie has just the right amount of sweetness with a strong but well-balanced vanilla flavor.
No. 2 Iced Chocolate Coffee Smoothie
I’d decided to call this drink a smoothie instead of a milkshake. Milkshakes are usually high in empty calories from the sugar and saturated fat. You won’t find any of that junk in this rich and creamy coffee drink. It’s a healthy and nutritious drink that is absolutely addictive.
I used frozen coffee cubes made of strong coffee, instead of plain ice cubes, to avoid diluting the drink with water. Add instant coffee, unsweetened almond milk, Sunwarrior Classic Protein Chocolate, coconut cream, and frozen coffee cubes in the Sunwarrior blender bottle and shake vigorously for several seconds. Voila! The creamy chocolate flavor is intense, but doesn’t overshadow the coffee flavor.
No. 3 Almond Milk Apple Cinnamon Vanilla Smoothie
I like to make a fast and healthy breakfast. This almond milk, apple cinnamon, vanilla smoothie contains complete proteins (Warrior Blend Vanilla), dietary fiber, natural fats, probiotics (I added a sample package of Sunwarrior Ormus Greens Natural), carbohydrates, and antioxidants. The good thing about this healthy smoothie is that you can prepare it the night before and put it in the refrigerator. When it’s time for breakfast, just grab it from the refrigerator, and it is good to go. I used one Fuji apple for this recipe, but I am sure you can use different apples such as Mclntosh, Gala, or even Granny Smith for a stronger or tarter taste. This apple cinnamon smoothie is mild and comforting, and it’s a great choice for a fast and nutritious breakfast.
No. 4 Coconut Milk Chocolate Peppermint Smoothie
I simmered some fresh mint leaves in coconut milk on the stove and then refrigerated it the day before I made this smoothie. I mixed the mint flavored, unsweetened coconut milk with Warrior Blend Chocolate and Ormus Greens Peppermint in the blender bottle. It’s minty, refreshing, and sweet. Right after my son, Leo, saw his dad take a sip of this stuff, he got very excited. I gave him a few tablespoons in a small cup to see if he would like the peppermint chocolate flavor. Yes he did. He kept grabbing my arm and said: “ Mama, Mama” I knew he wanted more.
I have also received three other samples to test out; they are Immune Shield Natural Fulvic Complex, Liquid Light Fulvic Acid, and Activated sprouted Barley. I wasn’t able to test them because they don’t fit into our dietary needs.
- 4 medium size ripe strawberries
- 8 oz unsweetened almond milk chilled
- 1 package 21 g Sunwarrior Classic Protein Vanilla
- 3-½ tsp instant coffee regular or decaf
- 6 oz water
- 8 oz unsweetened almond milk chilled
- 3 tbs coconut cream
- 1 package 21 g Sunwarrior Classic Protein Chocolate
- 1 small apple cored (Fuji, Mclntosh, Gala, or Granny Smith)
- 8 oz unsweetened almond milk
- 4 almonds roasted preferred
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 package 25 g Warrior Blend Vanilla
- 1 package 5 g Ormus Supergreens Natural
- 2-½ cups unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves no stems
- 1 package 25 g Warrior Blend Chocolate
- 1 package 5 g Ormus Supergreens Peppermint
- optional 2 tbs whipped coconut cream
- In a blender, blend all ingredients together until smooth. Serve cold.
- Dissolve 1-½ tsp instant coffee in 6 oz water or make an equivalent amount of strong coffee. Pour the coffee into the ice cube tray and freeze to make frozen coffee cubes.
- Combine the rest of instant coffee, almond milk, 2 tbs coconut cream, and protein powder together and mix well.
- Add frozen coffee cubes and top with the rest of coconut cream before serving.
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Sprinkle extra cinnamon powder on top before serving if desired. Serve warm or cold.
- Add coconut milk and fresh mint leaves into a 1-quart saucepan. Bring coconut milk to boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low and cover with lid. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from heat. Let it cool to room temperature and then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- In a blender, blend the rest of the ingredients into chilled coconut milk. Mix well and top with whipped coconut cream if used. Serve immediately.