These perfectly roasted sheet pan rosemary garlic brussels sprouts are easy and quick to make. They’re an amazing side dish to add to your table.Have you ever seen a four-year-old stuff his mouth with roasted brussels sprouts? How about, gobble down a brussel sprout sandwich? Not very often, right?
That’s Leo, our 4-year-old son. He loves brussels sprouts. One night before his bedtime, he told me that dad is good at building stuff, such as houses and bicycles. And one more important thing, “dad can make better brussels sprouts than you”.
“Mama, you have to learn how to cook brussels sprouts from Papa….and you need to practice more!”
I bet that’s the most awesome compliment my husband ever got for his brussels sprouts recipe. OK, I got it. Leo likes brussels sprouts that are a little bit overcooked. Seriously, soft but not mushy, with a touch of bitter flavor.
So, I practiced and practiced. I even experimented with different flavors. Here’s what I came up with. Sheet pan rosemary garlic brussel sprouts. It’s our family’s new favorite that mama made.
Fresh brussels sprouts
White or yellow onion
Fresh squeezed lemon juice
Once you toss all the ingredients together and transfer them onto a sheet pan, you bake it in the oven for 35 minutes. Before serving, I sprinkled some homemade vegan parmesan cheese on top to give it some cheesy flavors.
After eating these you’ll wonder how brussels sprouts ever got such a bad rap. Now if you can just get those who are apprehensive to give brussel sprouts a second chance. Once they try these, they will love them too.
- 1½ pounds fresh brussels sprouts cut in half
- ½ medium size yellow or white onion shredded
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vegan parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 ℉. Line a metal sheet pan with parchment paper or silicone baking sheet.
- Toss all ingredients together, except vegan parmesan cheese, in a large mixing bowl. Transfer the marinated brussels sprouts and onion onto the baking sheet. Spread to form a single layer without any overlapping. Try to place the cut side of brussel sprouts facing up to give them a little bit of char once baked.
- Bake 35 minutes until the brussels sprouts are golden brown. Sprinkle some vegan parmesan cheese if prefered. Serve hot.